Join us to view environment-related chalkings up and down S. and N. High St. in West Chester Borough plus an outdoor art exhibit at the Chesco Historical Society–all on Earth Day themes! Please wear masks and practice safe distancing. Rain date April 23. SEE FULL CHALKING SCHEDULE BELOW.
Here is the full Guide to EARTH Day Chalk Walk, April 22, 8 am to 5 pm
Nineteen stops along the way with local environmental groups and individuals chalking art on the sidewalks to celebrate our Mother Earth. All along High Street. The following listing is from south to north. Please be careful crossing High Street. Please wear a mask and maintain social distance. The best time to visit each site to see chalking in action is noted but sites are available all day. Anyone can chalk. If you like, join the fun!
• Phillips Memorial at the corner of College Avenue. 700 S. High St. Welcome by WCU Director of the Office of Sustainability Dr. Bradley Flamm. Mayor Jordan Norley will unveil the 2021 West Chester Green Team sign and present keys to the Borough to the team represented by Prof. Megan Schraedley and Courtney Finneran of the WCGT. 11am.
• Unitarian Congregation, 501 S High Street. Chalk art by the students of Dr. Schraedley with recorded music including an original composition just created for these times by the minister, Rev Dan Schatz. Artist Ada Koch will be chalking Noon to 2 pm.
• Former site of Burger King, 410 S. High St. West Chester Green Team members and Friends of Everhart Park. 3:30-4 pm.
• Church of the Holy Trinity. 212 S. High St. The West Chester Co-op, new local food store, led by Sue Patterson. 10 am.
• Founds Funeral Home. 229 S. High St. Sierra Club/Ready for 100 with Eunice Alexander. 10 am.
• First Baptist Church of West Chester, 221 S. High St. Sierra Club/Ready for 100 with Paula Kline. 10 am.
• United Methodist Church, 129 S. High St. Kyle Hudson and friends. Joined by the preschoolers chalking in the separate but adjacent courtyard. 8 am.
• Kati Mac Florist, 36 S. High St. Artist Denise Vitollo will be chalking.
• 35 S. High St. Chalking by environmentalist Nora Ziegler.
• Chester County Democratic Headquarters, 37 S. High St. Plastic-Free Please with Jakob Speksnijder and Kellie Lynch.
• Bryn Mawr Running Co., 24 S. High St. Barbara Clarke, head of WC Borough’s Sustainability Advisory Committee.
• Historic Chester County Courthouse, 2 N. High St. Stefanie Heron-Birl, face-painter and chalk artist; Lillian DeBaptiste 2:30 pm; State Senator Carolyn Comitta 4 pm.
• 20 N High St. Eric Lorgus and family.
• Sabrina Ann Couture, 128 N High St. Justine Gesualdi, artist and WCU senior, chalking.
• Chester County History Center, 225 N. High St. Art show on the patio. Suzanne Kent, potter; Carnival of Ruin costumes; Eric Schraedley, artist. Hosting: Prof. Megan Schraedley, Paula Kline, Nora Ziegler and Borough Council member Don Braceland.
• Uptown! 226 N. High St. Del-Chesco United for Pipeline Safety with Ginny Kerslake.
• First Church of Christ, Scientist, 227 N. High St. Chester County Peace Movement with Kevin Patrick Kelly and WCAT West Chester Area Transition 7:30 am.
• West Chester Friends School. 415 N. High Street. Children will be chalking under the leadership of T. Amy Domenick, including but not limited to 8:30-9:30am; Rep. Dianne Herrin will be there at 8:30 as well.
• West Chester Friends Meeting, Society of Friends (Quakers) 425 N. High St. Chalking by the students at WC Friends School.