To sign up for our email list or to contact us for any reason, please email HERE.
Please Donate to the West Chester Green Team!
Please make a check out out to Don’t Spray Me! (one of our member groups) and address it to 112 W. Union St., West Chester PA 19382.
Or to make a tax-deductible online donation, click HERE. That will take you to the donation page of our member group 4CP, which will pass your donation on to the Green Team.
Why do we need your generous help?
In 2018 and 2019, we raised our needed funds at early December sit-down dinners, memorable occasions where our friends contributed by bidding for attractive auction and raffle items. In 2020, we held an online fundraiser and auction, and thanks to all who made that a success! We will have the same event online again in 2021; please stay tuned for details.
Why do we ask for your help?
• We are working hard for you, to carry out your own environmental and sustainable values.
• In summer 2020, from our Dec. 2019, fundraiser, we paid 3 wonderful students: our garden programs coordinator, our social media specialist, and our videographer. In summer 2021, our talented intern helped immensely on our community gardens and Mondays at Melton programs. See the great results on this web site and on our Facebook and YouTube pages! Now we need to think of paying interns in the current academic year and next summer. We look forward to continuing our very productive collaboration with West Chester University!
• Since in 2020 we were unable to conduct our planned 2nd annual organic vegetable tour in person, we made a series of videos featuring various local gardens. and in 2021 we held the Green Man walking tour of ten lawn-to-garden transformations visible from the sidewalk in West Chester borough.
• In 2020 we invested (as we do every year) in a new yard sign, encouraging people to grow their own vegetables as part of the Climate Victory movement, and our 2021 sign recognized our creation of West Chester Area Transition.
• Our free Roots ‘N’ Shoots organic veggie gardening program for kids ran very successfully in 2019-20 twice a week from June to August, and led into our 2021 community garden program.
• We are offering advice to residents who wish to convert lawns to veggie gardens and are also helping now on pollinator planting programs in downtown West Chester.
• We are increasing our presence in social media.
Convinced? Please help us with a donation, whether large or small. Help local environment and sustainability, help your neighbors organize for everyone’s benefit!